Follow

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Will You Dream for Me?

I was sitting on my bed conversing with a Ugandan friend I just recently met. She is a student at one of the biggest universities in Uganda. She was sharing with me about her dreams for the future and telling me she hopes to work in a bank some day. As I was listening to her talk and heard the enthusiasm in her voice, my mind was quickly reminded of the many children I have seen in Kyenjojo who are not getting a quality education-if any education- and will not even finish the early stages of secondary school (high school). I was thinking about all of those children who wake up everyday just barely existing. Most of these children have no dreams for today; therefore, dreams for the future are out of the question. In these children, the hope of obtaining a better life has disappeared like the morning mist.

I was thinking about how they probably don't even know how to dream anymore-if they every did know how. I concluded that these precious children desperately need someone who will dream for them and will inspire them to dream dreams for themselves. Hope inspires vision, but without hope there is no vision. I am thankful God has brought me to this area to give these children hope and inspire vision in them. I am thankful God has sent me from my comfortable life in America to encourage these children that there is a better life awaiting them. I know I am here to speak Jeremiah 29:11 over their lives. (For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to give you a hope and a future, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.) Finally, I am thankful God placed a dream in my heart so I can place a dream in others' hearts.

No comments: