Follow

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Miracle and Love of My Life



I was quite busy in the month of August with my wedding and honeymoon plans. I wed Pastor Victor Sande on August 15. Our wedding was a glorious and beautiful day, and I loved having an African wedding! In Uganda, weddings are a very big deal. They are truly a great celebration, and my wedding day could not have been more celebratory. Many people were smiling, laughing, and enjoying themselves. There was much joy and happiness in the air. We had almost 400 people in attendance! I praise the Lord for displaying his glory and presence on that day. Even nonbelievers were saying they could see God on that day. This delighted my heart more than anything! It is my deep desire that everything I do bring glory and honor to the Lord. I want his presence to always be displayed in my life no matter what event is taking place.

I count it as a tremendous miracle to have such a God fearing, unselfish, loving, and humble man as my husband. He truly makes me a better person and brings so much joy and strength to my life. I am thankful to have found someone who is as passionate about pursuing God and honoring Him as I am. I am also very thankful to have found a man who has very similar goals and visions as I do. I am confident that Victor and I will bring much hope and love to the people and children of Uganda. I was willing to serve God alone in Africa, but it is an added blessing to have a Godly man to serve the Lord alongside me.



God brought Pastor Victor into my life two years ago when I was volunteering at a local orphanage. We were both at this orphanage to gain more experience and knowledge to pursue our vision of helping the orphans of Uganda. After I left Uganda, we continued to communicate with each other and pray about the direction God was taking us. It was both of our desires to wholeheartedly pursue the will of God for our lives and be obedient to His voice. God continued to reveal to both of us that He had great plans in store for our lives and ministry together.



In the short time I have known Pastor Victor, I have been blessed in so many ways. He has not only been an incredible friend, mentor, and inspiration to me, but has also been very instrumental in helping my vision to become a reality. I would not be where I am today, or who I am today, without his influence and contribution to my life. I thank the Lord for bringing such a precious gift into my life. I will always consider him as my miracle and love of my life.



1 comment:

mommy to many said...

so happy for you both! thanks for sharing your life with the children there :0)