Follow

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Responding to God's Heart

I have realized that my presence in Uganda is mainly responding to God's heart for the children and people of Kyenjojo, Uganda. He asked me to "Go" because their cry reached his ears and his heart, and, now that I have lived here, their cries have become even louder in my own ears and heart. I know God had such a deep love and compassion for these people that he could not let them continue to suffer without sending someone to help relieve their pain. I am humbled God has sent someone like me, but I am fully confident He has called me here.
I sometimes am tempted to think that God should have sent someone more adequate or equipped for such a large task, but God quickly reminds me that all he requires of us, as ministers of the Gospel, is to hear his heartbeat and respond to that heartbeat. He looks for those who are willing to be "His" hands and feet"-not their own hands and feet. We will never be fully prepared or adequate for acts of service, but all of us-no matter what phase of life we are in-can be an expression of God's love. The more we step out of the way-the more God's love can be released in and through our lives and actions.
At times, especially when I am facing a number of emotions and adjustments, I think it would have been easier for me to be in my own country ministering the love of Jesus to others there. Yet, I am quickly reminded of my purpose for being in this nation, and all of the fear and doubt quickly disappear. God took me out of my comfort zone that I might bring comfort to others. He called me to live on a new side of the world that I might create a better world for others. He placed a burden on my heart for the Ugandan children that I might ease the burdens they are forced to carry. He chose to have me live far away from those I love in order to show those in Uganda that there is someone who truly loves them. He called me to seasons of loneliness that I might reach out to those who are lonely and introduce them to a friend who will never fail them. He called me to moments of weakness that I might help others rise up and become strong. He called me to humble myself lower so that others might be lifted higher. He called me to periods of hardship that I might make life easier for others,
For the rest of my days here on earth, I am committed to following God's heart and seeking to acheive all that He has called me to. Please continue to pray for me as I seek to fulfill this commitment with all of my heart.
Finally, thank you for also responding to God's Heart. We are all in this together and will bring hope, change, and transformation to Kyenjojo!

No comments: