Follow

Friday, February 19, 2010

Trusting the One who Satisfies

It is amazing the lessons God teaches us through the simple events of our lives.  If I keep my heart tuned into His Spirit, I find the Lord speaking to me in a variety of ways and circumstances.  One of these lessons was taught through a little boy whom I took for medical treatment a while ago. 

After we had finished at the Medical Clinic, I wanted to take the boy to my home for lunch.  I knew that he had to be hungry because he had not eaten anything all morning.  This boy did not know how to speak English and our translator had left because he had other engagements.  I tried to say what I could to reassure the boy I was going to take him to a safe place.  This boy was extremely shy around me when he first met me so I was not sure if he would be willing to come with me.  All I could say to the boy was "Come, food.."  (I am still trying to learn Lutorro, but I am definitely not anywhere near being fluent.)  I then took his hand, and we walked together to my house.  As we were walking, God taught me a lesson about faith. 

This boy had few experiences with me, and he could not speak freely with me or understand most of my words.  He had never been in this area before, and he had no idea where I was taking him; yet, he trusted me to lead him to a place where he would be satisfied.  He put His faith in me and made the choice to walk with me.  He did not cry or scream.  He silently walked with me to the place where I led him.  As a result of him putting his trust in me, he received a full meal and became physically satisfied. 

At times, the Christian walk can seem very difficult.  We don't understand why things have happened or are happening...We don't know where we are heading...The communication between us and God seems to be unclear...However, God wants us to put our wholehearted faith and trust in Him-the only one who truly satisfies.  We need to believe that He is leading us in the right direction, and we can come to him to find true satisfaction for our hearts and souls.  We need to have quite confidence and trust in the Lord-not kicking, screaming, or complaining about where he is taking us, but completely submitting to His Lordship over our lives and going where He leads us.  I know this is much easier said than done.  I have moments where I struggle with where it looks like God is taking me or how He is doing it; however, this event with this little boy challenged me all the more to deepen my level of faith and obey the Lord-whether I am walking in blind faith or am seeing.  I want to be completely faithful to trust the only one who sincerely satisfies.

No comments: