Follow

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Seeing Uganda Through God's Eyes"

My Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray that you would please help me to continually see Uganda through your eyes.  As time continues to pass, may my heart not grow cold or indifferent to the things I see around me.  May I not be overcome with frustration by the people who try to use me or simply look at me as someone who owes them something, but may I look at them with your agape love that loves even when the true intentions of the heart are revealed.  When I feel like the outcast, may I not cast out others.  When I quickly see the negative, change my attitude to see the positive. When I am only looking in the natural, change my eyes to see what you see in the spiritual.  Train my heart, my mind, my soul...

Teach me to place the same value you place on every individual-whether big or small, rich or poor, guilty or innocent, kind or unkind, grateful or ungrateful.  Teach me to always consider others as better than myself and focus on their needs instead of my own.  May the same love that compelled you to give up your one and only Son to save others, compel me to give up my life and my comforts to improve the lives of others.  I pray that my ears and heart would not choose to ignore the loud and silent cries of the suffering, but that I would become more attuned to the cries that you plainly hear and respond in a manner that you would want me to.  Give me wisdom to reach a nation and culture that is completely new and unfamiliar to me.  Give me the courage to persevere when I am tired, overwhelmed, discouraged, or confused.  Give me the grace I need to love, forgive, and serve wherever you lead me.  Give me the patience to move at your pace and not mine.  Give me the faith to always believe you for the impossible-no matter what the outward circumstances reveal.

I cannot do any of this on my own.  My eyes will grow tired of seeing...My ears will grow tired of hearing....My body will grow weary of giving...My heart will grow tired of hurting...

Yet, I know, if you place your heart in mine, I will never grow tired of seeing, hearing, giving, and hurting; instead, I will be ready to face another day pouring out my life as a love offering for others.

1 comment:

William Warrington said...

God bless you. Your honest prayer of faith was such a blessing. I encourage you, your husband and others of your ministry to hang in there. The time is short but there is still a lot of harvest remaining. God bless you folks for your sincere work. Your are in our hearts and prayers.

Bill and Thea Warrington
Olympia, WA