Follow

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Medical Clinic Progress



As I visit the Children's Land and view the new structure that is there, I am utterly amazed by God's goodness. In the last nine months, I have truly watched God work in miraculous ways. In February, when I first came to live in Kyenjojo, I could have never imagined what this year had in store. I will never forget the joy that I felt when I first stepped on the Children's Land on February 16th, but I never anticipated that construction for a medical facility would begin in 5 months.



I remember the many prayers that I prayed as I walked around the land, but when I was uttering those prayers I never pictured how quickly they would be answered. It was definitely a testimony of God's faithfulness and provision. When one of the nieghbors to our land saw the construction beginning, he said "Do you remember those days you fervently prayed? God surely heard your cry and has answered." I am thankful that the peopleof Kyenjojo can visibly see that God is a God who sees and answers prayer. I am extremly thankful that another message which has been communicated loudly and clearly is that God and His people love the people of Kyenjojo District and are concerned about their condition and quality of life. We are already receiving many words of gratitude from the people in the area. This medical facility has ministered and will continue to minister to the community for years to come.



Each month that has passed since the dedication of the medical building has created more excitement in my heart. Every time I visit the land, I see more progress made. The construction workers have been dilligently working to see this project completed. In fact, this project has provided jobs for many people in the community. Many of the people in Kyenjojo have thanked us for giving them jobs so that they do not sit and drink and take drugs all day. They are even begging us to continue construction so they will continue to have jobs.



Now, as we are approaching five months after the dedication of the Medical Clinic, we are also approaching completion of the first building on the Children's Land. The workers are adding the roofing and will soon be doing the finishing touches on the walls and constructing the floors. I cannot wait to see how God continues to work and use this facilit,y as well as many others, for his glory and honor. Please keep praying for the work on this Children's Land, and don't forget to rejoice in the Lord's goodness and thank Him for His blessings. Your prayers are making a tremendous difference in the Kingdom of God and are moving mountains in Kyenjojo!


As you view these pictures, you will see how the construction process progressed. Glory be to God!


















No comments: