Follow

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sometimes the Pain is Unbearable

Sometimes seeing the pain of the suffering is unbearable. I think, "How can I look at one more child that is hurting and not be hurt to the point of no return? ". I wonder, "How much more can I keep seeing and not have my heart be broken into unrepairable pieces?". Sometimes I wonder, "How much more sorrow can I see and still be able to continue on in happiness?". Yet, actually I thank God that I see the suffering of others, and it hurts. I know that at times God sends the suffering to me to continually remind me of why I am here-of what my mission is. (Just as when Jesus looked at the suffering in the crowds, I'm sure that He was reminded of what His mission on earth was. He was reminded of why God sent him to this earth- to bring hope and life to others, to relieve their suffering.) His heart was continually moved with compassion as he saw the lost and hopeless, the sick and dying, and the lonely and rejected. This compassion gave him a passion to fulfill the destiny for which he was created-to give his life for the sake of making life better for others.

This is also why I know I have been sent to Uganda. I am here to relieve the suffering of others, especially the children, and give them love and hope. My heart is deeply moved as I see children who are sick, impoverished, malnourished, lonely, sad, and abandoned. As a result, my heart is stirred to do something about their condition. I am filled with an even greater passion to pursue the destiny the Lord has created for me.

As I stepped out of my house today and found some of the children who gather at my house, I prayed for God to make a way for these children to be rescued. As the cry of one of these children pierced my ears, it also pierced my heart. When I held this sick and very malnourished child in my arms, I cried out in desperation for God to enable me to rescue many children just like this child. I know I have to be patient for the Lord to fulfill his visions and dreams for me, but I definitely am more than determined to keep persevering and find a way to create a better life for these children. As I pursue this destiny and am obedient to the Lord's voice, I know that He will give me the grace and the strength to both accept the joys and the sorrows of the calling He has purposed for my life. I will keep focused-not only on the one child that I have impacted, but more importantly on the face of my master, and I will make it, even through the pain.

No comments: