Follow

Saturday, June 7, 2008

First Week in Mozambique

I have spent one week in Mozambique now. It is very beautiful here-in more ways than one. IRIS Ministries is located directly across from Pemba beach. The ocean is gorgeous. Nevertheless, you still find differences from American beaches. You cannot just sit on the beach in the afternoon and pray and think because at least one African man is going to sit down and talk to you. (When you are white, privacy is very difficult to find in Africa!)

Yet, the beach is not the most beautiful thing that I find here. The loveliest part of my experience here has been the refreshing presence of God. My heart has been so deeply moved as God sings over me each day. My prayer is that my hunger and desire for more of God is never quenched. The beautiful thing about God’s presence is-The more we experience, the more we long to experience it. The burning desire of my heart is for God to love on me and for me to love on Him. I know that the only way to find true joy and satisfaction is to be fully satisfied in God. I also know that I will only love others with God’s love as God fills me with his love. I am continually challenged with this thought, “What would Jesus do at this moment to show God’s love to a lost and dying world?” I pray that God fills me with his love so that each moment I love as Jesus would love.

I have been attending classes every day until 1:00. Heidi Baker has instructed us twice since I have been here. She truly is an amazing woman. I am so blessed to be here. It is an honor and privilege to study under her. I know that I am going to learn so much from her.

God has continually been speaking to my heart since I have arrived. I find that he again is challenging my heart and my perspectives on life.

No comments: